Talking with a therapist can often help us with a wide range of concerns. For example, you may be feeling sad, worried, anxious, angry, or just plain stressed out. And those are just a few of the many reasons people call me. So, if you're not feeling well, I may be able to help. Please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
- Marriage Counseling
- Couples Counseling
Seeing a therapist can often help us improve important relationships. For example, you may be feeling unhappy with your marriage or afraid that your spouse seems distant. Being a couple can be hard, but things can get better. So, if you're unhappy, I'd love the opportunity to help. Please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
Working with a therapist can help even the most successful leaders. Many leaders use coaching and counseling to help them be their best. Furthermore, I believe that the basics of effective leadership apply in a variety of roles. So, if you're interested please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
- Illinois License #180.006027
- Psychology Degree: MA - Northwestern University, 2003
- Business Degree: MBA - University of Chicago, 1987
- Undergraduate Degree: BS - Central Michigan University, 1979
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Association of Couple and Family Counselors
Therapist Guiding Principles
As a therapist, I am guided by a few basic principles in all of my work, whether that work is psychotherapy, counseling, marriage counseling, or coaching. When combined, these principles foster the healthy environment that helps us grow and thrive.
Therefore, you have my promise that I will work hard to uphold these principles, and to create and maintain this environment as we work together to achieve your goals. In summary, this environment is respectful, safe, and helpful:
It is a respectful environment:
- Rich in empathy and understanding.
- Contributing to personal growth and feelings of well-being.
- Enabling you to move toward what you want to accomplish, not what a therapist believes should be accomplished.
- Relaxed, unhurried, and respectful of the pace at which you want to work.
- Providing the number of sessions that you feel you need in order to accomplish what you want.
- And finally, giving you an opportunity to be understood and accepted for who you are, just as you are, without judgment.
It is a safe environment:
- Providing a place to talk about confidential concerns, and...
- Empowering you to determine what concerns and issues we talk about.
- Providing a place to talk about difficult emotions, and...
- Naturally, empowering you to decide which emotions we talk about.
It is a helpful environment:
- Helping in practical and useful ways, and...
- Most importantly, enabling important changes.
Please feel free to call...
My phone number is 847-382-0600. (voice/text)
I'm in my office six days a week, Monday through Saturday, but please feel free to call any time. Whenever possible, I'll respond immediately, and if an immediate response is not possible, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.
I'll be happy to help in every way possible. However, in an emergency please call 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room.