Talking with a therapist can often help us with a wide range of concerns. For example, you may be feeling sad, worried, anxious, angry, or just plain stressed out. And those are just a few of the many reasons people call me. If you're not feeling well, I may be able to help. Please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
- Marriage Counseling
- Couples Counseling
Seeing a therapist can often help us improve important relationships. For example, you may be feeling unhappy with your marriage or afraid that your spouse seems distant. Being a couple can be really hard, but it can get easier. If you're struggling, I'd love the opportunity to help. Please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
Working with a therapist can help even the most successful leaders. Many leaders use coaching and counseling to help them be their best. And I believe that the basics of good leadership apply whether we are leaders in business, family, or both. If you're interested, please feel free to read more, or simply give me a call.
- Illinois License #180.006027
- Psychology Degree: MA - Northwestern University, 2003
- Business Degree: MBA - University of Chicago, 1987
- Undergraduate Degree: BS - Central Michigan University, 1979
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Association of Couple and Family Counselors
Therapist Guiding Principles
As a therapist, I am guided by a few basic principles in all of my work, whether that work is psychotherapy, counseling, marriage counseling, or coaching. These principles revolve around creating the respectful, safe, and helpful environment that helps us grow, change, and thrive. You have my promise that I will work hard to create and maintain this environment as we work together to achieve your goals. This environment can be summarized as follows:
A respectful environment that:
- Is rich in empathy and understanding - critical contributors to growth, wellness, and feelings of well-being.
- Enables you to move toward what you want to accomplish, not what a therapist believes should be accomplished.
- Is relaxed, unhurried, and respectful of the pace at which you want to work.
- Provides the number of sessions that you feel you need in order to accomplish what you want.
- Gives you an opportunity to be understood and accepted for who you are, just as you are, without judgment.
A safe environment that:
- Provides a place to talk about confidential concerns.
- Empowers you to determine what concerns and issues we talk about.
- Provides a place to talk about difficult emotions.
- Empowers you to decide what emotions and feelings we talk about.
A helpful environment that:
- Is practical and useful.
- Enables important changes.
Please feel free to call...
My phone number is 847-382-0600. (voice/text)
I'm in my office six days a week, Monday through Saturday, but please feel free to call any time. Whenever possible, I'll respond immediately. If an immediate response is not possible, I'll certainly get back to you as soon as I can.
I'll be happy to help in every way possible. In an emergency, please call 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room.